- 16/08/2019 - The Brazilian Patent: A Soap Opera or Novel?
- 15/08/2019 - Judicial Remedies against Excessive Delay in BPTO Examination
- 12/08/2019 - Brazil: Leading Mobile Operator Threatened with Marketing Suspensions over Privacy Concerns
- 06/08/2019 - I did it my way – Saving a Brazilian patent application
- 25/07/2019 - FaceApp’s viral success creates privacy concerns in Brazil
- 16/07/2019 - Brazil: The protection of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures
- 12/07/2019 - Brazil on its way to eliminate the existing patent backlog
- 22/05/2019 - New chemical and pharmaceutical guidelines – a year on: what has changed?
- 17/05/2019 - The Patent Backlog in Brazil
- 14/05/2019 - Liability of Online Marketplace Platforms in Brazil
- 09/05/2019 - Domain name dispute: who gets to keep Amazon?
- 09/05/2019 - Brazilian football team Flamengo recognized as a highly reputed mark in Brazil
29/03/2018 - Highly Reputed Trademarks – repercussions of the recognition before the Brazilian Trademark Office (INPI) and judicial alternatives for the owners of famous brands
Highly reputed Trademarks may face a couple of obstacles in Brazil to obtain the Brazilian Trademark Office (BTO’s) recognition. However, whenever the administrative proceeding needs to be tackled or even expedited, the Brazilian Courts have been cooperating by granting injunctions to safeguard the famous mark owners. This article proposes to focus on two cases handled by Montaury Pimenta, Machado & Vieira de Mello in which such Court reliefs were available to safeguard client’s rights (Brazilian Magazine of Associação Paulista da Propriedade Industrial – ASPI no. 51 August 2017/February 2018)
If you would like an English version, please contact Ana Paula by e-mail.