- 13/04/2017 - Published Brazilian PTO’s Normative Instruction 070/2017 which deals with technology transfer contracts
- 06/10/2016 - Fashion Law at IBMEC
- 03/10/2016 - New Partner
- 03/10/2016 - Chinese Delegation
- 22/09/2016 - Montaury Pimenta, Machado & Vieira de Mello is featured in Chambers Latin America 2017
- 14/09/2016 - Our partner Bruna Rego Lins teaching at UERJ
- 09/09/2016 - II Franco-Brazilian Seminar
- 09/09/2016 - Who’s Who Legal
- 27/07/2016 - India Business Law Journal
- 21/07/2016 - Panel Discussion – INPI
- 07/07/2016 - Food Supplement to Promote Mass Gain Muscle – International recognition protects brands without registration in Brazil
13/04/2017 - Published Brazilian PTO’s Normative Instruction 070/2017 which deals with technology transfer contracts
It was published the Brazilian PTO’s Normative Instruction 070/2017, which deals with technology transfer contracts. The major change refers to the analysis of tax and exchange issues for the purposes of controlling remittances and deductibility, which used to be done by the Brazilian PTO, but now will be returned to the originating bodies, Central Bank and IRS. The formal analysis will continue to be made by the Brazilian PTO. In other words, the Brazilian PTO will only analyze if the subject matter of the agreement is to be recorded by the Brazilian PTO and if the agreement covers issues related to technology transfer, license of trademarks, patents and industrial designs and if the corr[...]
06/10/2016 - Fashion Law at IBMEC
Our partner Bruna Rego Lins was invited to teach at the Fashion Law course at IBMEC on October 08. Topics: Contracts in the Fashion Industry: License of Brand Use, Assignment, Technology Transfer and Franchises, Image Right. When and why to enter contracts.
03/10/2016 - New Partner
We are pleased to inform that from this September the engineer Gabriela Salerno joined our Office. Gabriela has 10 years of experience in the field of patents with an emphasis on chemistry, pharmacy and biotechnology. Currently holds the Assistant Coordinator function of Biotechnology Committee of the Brazilian Association of Industrial Property – ABPI.
03/10/2016 - Chinese Delegation
The partner Luiz Edgard Montaury Pimenta participated as General Attorney of ABPI in a meeting with Chinese Delegation to discuss matters of common interest in the IP area in Brazil and in China on September 26th, 2016, at ABPI’s headquarters in Rio de Janeiro.