- 03/10/2017 - Luiz Edgard Montaury Pimenta is the new President of ABPI
- 20/09/2017 - Chambers and Partners
- 13/09/2017 - The Legal 500 Latin America 2017
- 23/08/2017 - Who’s Who Legal
- 09/06/2017 - IAM Patent 1000 – 2017
- 05/06/2017 - Montaury stands out in 6 categories of the Leaders League ranking
- 13/04/2017 - Published Brazilian PTO’s Normative Instruction 070/2017 which deals with technology transfer contracts
- 06/10/2016 - Fashion Law at IBMEC
- 03/10/2016 - New Partner
- 03/10/2016 - Chinese Delegation
- 22/09/2016 - Montaury Pimenta, Machado & Vieira de Mello is featured in Chambers Latin America 2017
- 14/09/2016 - Our partner Bruna Rego Lins teaching at UERJ
20/09/2017 - Chambers and Partners
The Chambers and Partners guide published the ranking with the best offices in Latin America for the year 2018.
Montaury Pimenta, Machado and Vieira de Mello was once again featured in the area of Intellectual Property.
What the team is known for Highly regarded and specialised IP boutique based in Rio de Janeiro. Routinely handles a comprehensive range of IP matters and is particularly noted for its work in trade mark prosecution and enforcement, as well as litigation including infringement actions. Samsung and Peugeot-Citroën are amongst the firm’s new client wins.
Work highlights Assisted Clube de Regatas do Flamengo with the filing of an appeal before the Brazil Patent & Trademark Office regarding its decision to reject the registration of the ‘Flamengo’ trade mark.
Significant clients Visa, Asics, Qualcomm, Musical.LY, Besins Healthcare.
Founding partner Luiz Edgard Montaury Pimenta is well known for his long-standing track record advising on copyright and software matters. He also regularly assists clients with issues related to advertising, marketing, contracts and cyber-law.
Head of the trade marks practice Eduardo Magalhães Machado is an active figure in arbitration and has a notable track record in the IP market. He specialises in contracts, copyright and software issues. He recently successfully advised El País on the filing of an appeal before the Brazil Patent & Trademark Office to register its brand in Brazil.
Ricardo Vieira de Mello has an abundance of expertise in a variety of sector issues, frequently advising clients on matters such as copyright, software, anti-piracy and domain names. Peers observe: “He is renowned in the area and focuses on trade mark-related administrative and judicial disputes.”
Click here and see the full ranking.